2021 Aksarben Ball Theme and Key Partners Announced by Women’s Ball Committee
Each year, the Aksarben Ball recognizes and celebrates volunteerism, community pride, and a reverence for those who have preceded us as well as raising funds to help carry out the mission and initiatives of the Aksarben Foundation. Funds raised have gone toward the Aksarben Scholarship Fund helping countless young men and women on the path to achieving their dreams of higher learning.
Laura Enenbach, Chair of the Aksarben Women’s Ball Committee (WBC) is excited to announce the theme of the 2021 Aksarben Ball: “Now is the Time”. Enenbach and WBC Advisor, Sam Hohman, reflected upon the past year, the many events which were cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and felt renewal was the best theme to celebrate and honor Heartland volunteerism for 2021. The theme was revealed at this year’s In the Loop presentation held recently at Omaha Country Club.
“Time and a running clock are symbols of daily renewal. Each passing day is an opportunity to begin anew,” Hohman said. New Year’s Eve is not a grim look at what has passed, but an opportunity for a fresh start, to make a difference and move forward with an anticipatory outlook. That is the feeling we want to convey at this year’s Aksarben Ball. Of the gifts we can give: time, talent, and treasure, only time is finite.”
Enenbach echoed, “Time is our most precious resource, this is why we honor those who volunteer. “Now is the Time” to shine a light on the many exceptional Nebraskans who embody the Spirit of Aksarben in all they do.”
In addition to this year’s theme, Enenbach, Hohman and the Women’s Ball Committee unveiled the key partners who will bring “Now is the Time” to life at this year’s Aksarben Ball October 23rd at CHI Health Center Omaha.
- Scriptwriter—M. Michele Phillips;
- Director—Patrick Roddy;
- Video Producer – Justin Korf and Steve Miller;
- Set and Lighting Designer —Jim Othuse;
- Musical Director— Tom Ware;
- Ball Announcers — John Lee and M. Michele Phillips;
- Choreographer—Patrick Roddy;
- Sound Designer and Technical Coordinator—Tom Ware;
- Stage Manager—Lara Marsh;
- IMAG LED Screens & Media production- Dog & Pony Productions;
- Live Video—Mr. Video Productions;
- Lighting—Theatrical Media Service;
- Audio—Audio Visions Pro Sound.
The Royal Court appointments:
- Royal Court Couturier—Denise Ervin;
- Royal Court Designer—Denise Ervin Designs;
- Royal Court Florists—Flower Girl: Page Luncheon; Creative Fleurs: Regale;
Stems: Royal Court Brunch, Royal Court Welcome, Royal Court Supper;
- Royal Court Coiffeurs— Bungalow 8 and Creative Hair Design;
- Royal Court Photographer—Dwyer Photography, MDP, Inc.;
- Royal Court Supper Caterer— Levy;
- Royal Court Tabletop Designer—AAA Rents and Event Services;
- Royal Court Invitations—CHI Design and Print Center;
- Royal Court Formal Wear—Mr. Tuxedo;
- Entertainment—Finest Hour;
- Page Clothiers—Merrily Boler and Judy Glesne.
Presenting details of the Ball were:
- Princess Chairmen Anne Medlock ‘21; Ellie Grace ‘20
- Heartland Princess Chairmen Shelly Grote ‘21; Lisa Krumwiede ‘20
- Production Chairman Chloe Firestone;
- Court of Honor Chairman Sharlon Rodgers;
- Standard Bearer Chairman Casey Fehringer;
- Royal Court Brunch Chairman Jill Goldstein; assisted by Lori Kleinschmit
- Royal Court Welcome Chairman Susie Shoemaker; assisted by Carol Wang
- Royal Court Supper Chairman Jill Goldstein; assisted by Sally English
- Regale Chairmen Shannon Hoy and Dana Zeiss;
- Invitation Chairman Carol Wang
- Page Luncheon Chairman Kathryn Anderson; assisted by Makayla McMorris
- Scholarship Chairman Wendy Moore.